Master of Public Health (MPH)
沙巴体育滚球The MPH program prepares students for careers as public health professionals working to improve health care planning, delivery, assessment, and outcomes. Students will gain experiences that relate directly to current public health challenges including primary care, nutrition, mental health, and substance abuse.
沙巴体育滚球Public health professionals and practitioners work in the public, private, and non-profit sectors to improve health outcomes for individuals and communities. Professionals in the public health field can expect to:
- Use a broad range of disciplines to assess and address complex public health issues.
- Conceptualize, develop, and evaluate population health interventions.
- Conduct public health research to advance scientific knowledge.
- Advocate, evaluate, and/or study health care policies and delivery systems.
- Apply culturally sensitive strategies to address health disparities among diverse populations.
- Use health information technology and data analytics to address public health concerns.
- Improve population-level health by applying interdisciplinary theories and concepts.
- Plan and execute programs or initiatives to improve public health outcomes at the regional, national, and international level.
Join Us for a Public Health Event
Opioid Epidemic Discussion and Master of Public Health Information Session
沙巴体育滚球Hear from Dr. Heather McGrane Minton and Dr. Sarah Miner from the Wegmans School of Nursing, and Michelle Price, outreach and science librarian from Lavery Library. You'll also receive an overview of Fisher's MPH program, including program requirements and the application process.
Thursday, October 1 | 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
沙巴体育滚球Online through Zoom
The public health graduate program exposes you early on to real-world situations and challenges in public health today. You will work under the guidance of faculty who are experienced in the fields of health care, policy, and leadership. Our faculty have extensive experience helping students learn the skills needed to become effective public health professionals in private, public, or non-profit health industries.
The program focuses on the needs of students who have substantial experience in the fields of community health, medical services, or health education.
Life After Fisher
You'll be prepared for meaningful employment for careers in the public health arena including:
- Health department official
- Hospital or clinic health administrator
- Public affairs officer for a health department, hospital, or clinic
- Health policy analyst for public or private agencies
- Health trends analyst for a health insurance company